LifeStream Services welcomes the return of two annual events in September. The Healthy Aging Expo and JOY (Just Older Youth) Games offer two unique opportunities for older adults to join others in their community in a safe and interactive way. Learn more and plan to join us in September!
Healthy Aging Expo (Drive-Thru Style!)
The annual Healthy Aging Expo is a free event for the community to learn more about programs, services, and activities available to older adults in the Wayne County area and beyond. Attendees will receive a resource bag, a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card, and a complimentary lunch (for the first 200 attendees!).
This event is in partnership with Reid Health Alliance Medicare, The Leland Legacy, Kicks96, 101.7 The Point, and The Legend 95.3.
- Date: Thursday, September 16
- Time: 11:00am to 1:00pm
- Where: Kuhlman Center located at 861 N. Salisbury Rd. Richmond, IN 47374 (attendees enter off NW L St. entrance)
- Vendors will be set up tailgate style so attendees can drive-thru to receive information.
- Registration is not required and event is free to attend.
JOY (Just Older Youth) Games
The JOY Games offers three days of fun-filled activities for older adults over the age of 55 to enjoy. Activities include a pickleball tournament, 3 on 3 basketball, bowling, golf scramble, bingo, and more.
This event is in partnership with The Leland Legacy, Richmond Senior Recreation Center, and Reid Health Alliance Medicare.
- Date: September 20 – 22
- Where: Various locations throughout the Richmond area.
- Fee: $10 to register includes t-shirt, awards, and lunch.
- How to Register:
- Online: lifestreaminc.org/games
- Mail: Print the PDF and mail it to 1701 Pilgrim Blvd. Yorktown, IN 47396
- Drop Off: Registration packet can be dropped off at the Richmond Senior Recreation Center before 4pm Monday through Friday.
The Healthy Aging Expo and JOY Games will follow CDC guidelines to help keep participants, partners, and our community safe. Learn more about these events and other upcoming events at lifestreaminc.org/events.
LifeStream is East Central Indiana’s Aging and Disability Resource Center providing programs and services to improve quality of life and maintain independence for older adults and those with disabilities.